Saturday, July 9, 2011

sometimes

dear you,

sometimes i cannot believe you're real.
the way that our words combine, the way our hands collide
its as though i'm caught in a dream,
never ending
sometimes, i want to reach across the table, take your face in my hand
just to feel proof that you are no figment of my imagination
sometimes, i want to hide from you
in the deepest parts of who i should be
just so that you won't break me
sometimes i want to run to you, to combine our souls into one
two puzzle pieces matched perfectly.
sometimes i want to sit in the utter silence, listening to your heart beat
as it aligns with mine.
sometimes i want to climb the mountains with you at my side
chattering about nothing
sometimes i want to discuss the world, our future, the unknown
late at night with you
tucked under the covers
sometimes i want time to stop
as we explore our bodies
sometimes i want the moments to remain clearer in my head
just to remember them as real
sometimes i want you to take the risk
to leap from the cliff
just so i can catch you.
sometimes i want you to catch me
after i take the step off my safety net
and into your arms
sometimes i want to argue with you
just so we can make up
sometimes i want you to remember we will never be perfect
loving us anyway
sometimes i just want to wake up

love me you
you me love
me love you
you love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment