Wednesday, February 15, 2012

It's been entirely too long

It's been wayyy too long since I've written. Normally when I sit down to blog its because I have something particular in mind to talk about, but in this moment I'm still recovering from many hours of reading applications so I'm pretty sure this post won't be cohesive.

There have been a whole lot of things that have happened in life since I last posted, and in a lot of ways I couldn't even express the magnitude of what's been going on. Life is funny in a way that when one part of your life starts falling apart, another part of your life starts dramatically looking up. In the past, I've only ever written when I've been upset or made some major life decision or had some major life revelation. In truth though, as much as parts of my life are sucking, things are really quite good right now.

At the end of last year I watched my best friend walk out of my life, and watched another person become a presence in my life that I didn't even know that I needed. While I'm still trying to deal with all the residual emotions of the end of last year, I'm starting to fall back in love. Back in love with my studies, back in love with my work, back in love with myself.

I'm happy.

Today in class, my professor (who is also my advisor) and I were talking about my courses for this semester, and I looked at him and said "Yeah I think this is the first semester I'm actually in love with ALL my classes"

A few weeks ago, I decided that I really wasn't a religion and psychology major, but in fact was just a religion major. Coming to terms with this (overachiever that I obviously am) took a lot of discernment and understanding of myself. But in all seriousness, I've never been happier with my course studies.

I got offered a research assistant position for next year which was a huge factor in me deciding not to go abroad (a point which my boyfriend tries to get me to rethink when I bring it up). I'm exciting to be working with this professor on a lot of things that pertain directly to the rest of my life. I'll have time as I get older to travel abroad, and hopefully write my book based on that research (look at me overachieving again).

I've been listening to a lot of my old school music lately which is quite weird for me, yet its also illuminating for me.

I have also decided to start blogging about religion. . .

And this is the end of this RAMBLE RAMBLE RAMBLE

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment