Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Goodbyes

It's the end of my spring semester.

Things are drawing to a close and I'm not the first to leave anymore. In a sense it's actually worse, because I have to watch all the people I love most in my life at school leave while everything for me just stays the same. Good-byes are never easy. They are consistently painful.

When I look back over this semester, I realize that there is so much that has changed. I've lost a lot of friends and I've grown up in a lot of ways.

And the hardest parts of good-byes are always telling your best friends "See you in August" when it's only the beginning of May.

It's nearly impossible to say goodbye to the people that you see everyday, to the people that bring you through the most difficult times in your lives.

This semester, this year, sucked in a lot of ways. And yet, there was one person who literally dealt with everything, picked up the pieces when I was sure nothing was left. And it breaks my heart that I wont get to see her until August.

Jess, you're my bestest friend here and I love you very much. I don't know what I'm going to do without your constant torture and offensiveness, I don't know who is going to kick (or at least threaten to kick) people's asses for me, I dont know who's going to hate the same people I hate. It's going to suck not seeing you everyday.

Here's to August.

No comments:

Post a Comment