Thursday, January 20, 2011

Picture of Us

There's a photo of us above my bed,a moment from history that might never repeat- and yet every time my eyes glance over it, I smile. It's similar to other photos, but unique in its own way. Surprisingly it keeps me grounded, reminds me that there's more to these days than just lounging around. I will always remember the moment it was taken and the genuine smile on my face. When things start to get crazy, I will look at this photo and remember what it means to be me, not because you are me, but because you make me want to be myself. You are the one person in this world who I want to be myself for, the only one who accepts me for who I am, YOU are the one who makes me confident in my own skin. I want to please you, to live you, because in that I feel as though I will be completed within you. There is a photo of us above my bed, a single moment captured that will keep my feet on the ground because you remind me of what it is to love myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment