Thursday, January 13, 2011

this spark inside?

...

For those of you that don't know me very well, I'm a very driven person, with a stubborn personality and a calling I won't deny. I stand up for my beliefs and stand firm in my convictions. I'm not afraid to get in your face, argue with you or turn my back. I won't be walked over and there are times where I will do whatever it takes to reach the end goal. I am intimidating at times and like to be in control.

However as well as these personality traits have worked for me academically and in other pursuits, socially and romantically it can be a serious problem. Where I run into the most problems is that guys my age are not quite there yet, and I intimidate them sometimes. Do you know it's like trying to find a guy with a plan in college? It sucks.

Now I'm not whining about being single, and Lord knows that the this is NOT the reason that I'm single, not by a long stretch, but thinking about it makes me roll my eyes and long for maturity. Some people will tell you that going to an all-women's college will make you lower your standards, but Smith is having the exact opposite, it's causing me to raise my standards, which overall is a good thing, right? I guess I'm glad that Smith is not a girls' college without men, it's a women's college without boys, because honestly if I had to live with boys my age right now I'd probably throw myself out a window. :)

Anywayyy.

I head back on Monday, and I'm finally ready to head back. Even though my bedroom at home looks like my dorm room threw up in it, packing is making me happy. I love my family to death, but I miss my friends. I cannot wait to get back and start doing homework, which is a weird feeling because I haven't loved homework since my final English project senior year, (and shh don't tell my physics teacher this) and my physics homework senior year. I have several awesome classes for next year and they are going to be work, but it will be work I'm ready for. so YAY for going back. Plus Quidditch practices start soon, and for that I am crazy excited!


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment