Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's always this time of year that my thoughts undo me. JG

Wow.

A lot has happened in the last hour or so, and I'm still sort of processing.

But I'm going to blog about what I was orginially going to blog about.

One of my good friends was telling me earlier about this girl who suddenly decided that she was desperatly in love with his roommate EVEN THOUGH HE TREATS HER LIKE SHIT.

PROBLEM.

My friend is a really really nice guy, very sweet and caring and understanding, and this girl turns around and berates him for that, even goes as far as telling him to change so that he is more like his roommate.

WHATTHEFUCKISUPWITHTHAT?

This is one of the reasons the good guys stop looking for the good girls, because they get bitched out for not being a jerk. GUESSWHAT LADY, I don't want the good guys to go bad, because I want to date a good guy, I want to marry a good guy, I don't want to spend the rest of my life with a guy who treats me and women in general like a piecie of shit. I'm not sure when girls got this idea that JERKS are okay guys to date or marry or even give the time of day to, but its starting to make men doubt that there are good girls out there who want to date good guys.

So news flash good boys: THERE is at least one girl out there who actually wants to be with a good guy and not a jerk or an asshole or a douchebag.

And LADIES: Seriously?? You're just going to get hurt dating people who treat you like shit. Date a good guy, you'll be happier (oh and you DESERVE IT)

Which brings me to another thought:

ANOTHER one of my friends asked me if I was okay with no man in my life.

Which led me to think.

I am okay with not having a guy in my life right now. I love the holidays, its probably my favorite time of the year, but being alone on the holidays suck. Even though I have family and friends, not being in a relationship or with someone for this part of the year is really freakin sucky. BUT

then I realize that I'm okay with spending the holidays alone, even though I miss being in a relationship (in general and over the holidays) because I know at some point in the distant future I'll wind up with someone worth spending the holidays with.

I need someone who can handle me, keep up with me, and get the fact that I am not nor will I ever be typical. And to find someone like that, find someone who can actually connect with me and have our relationship legitimatley mean something, means that I am okay with being a little lonely these coming holidays, because eventually there will be someone who makes it worthwhile.

So dear future man that is that person-
I'm not going to mope around and wait for you. When we realize it's right we'll know. I'm okay with that. Please don't be a Jerk. I don't like that. :) Also. You're going to love my friends. Enjoy your holidays leading up to ours.


WORD. Okay. Cool.

1 comment:

  1. mmmm i love you! thanks for the help tonight babes

    ReplyDelete