Friday, December 17, 2010

I've known you all summer and you've rose above it all JG

Tomorrow I go home. . .

In less than 24 hours I'll be in my Dad's car, boxes in the back, driving the three hours back to New Jersey.

I thought I'd be okay with going home, in fact, that's all I've wanted for the past week and a half. I didn't think that going home would hurt like it does right now.

When I go home, I have to leave my best friend behind. I'm so used to seeing Kristen every single day, multiple times a day. I'm used to being able to come back to the house and see her and Hannah, without fail. And although the stress of finals has caused us not to see each other as much, it's going to be hard to not see her everyday.

It's funny to me in a way, because a lot of the roommate pairings here have ended rather dully. Most people aren't really close with their roommate, let alone able to call them their best friends. And here I am, with Kristen, my best friend and the real reason that I've been able to keep sane over the semester.

We've been through a lot together, good news, bad news, the ugly and the pretty. It's only brought us closer together.

I don't think either one of us really knew just how much we meant to each other until we realized I'm leaving tomorrow and we won't see each other for a month. . . . .

It kinda feels like when Siobhan went away to school before I did. . .

Typically, I leave Smith after Kristen and sometimes its only by a couple hours. Typically, I'm the one here without Kristen. But now things are turning tables and I'm leaving days before Kristen is. And I'm literally taking most of my stuff with me. Which means when she's in our room, my presence will be nearly gone. I'll be at home, in my own room, with my giant bed missing out little room with our two twin beds. We've become the norm for me. When my friends from home couldn't understand what was going on in my life, Kristen was always there for me.

We're a little protective of each other, constantly trying to make problems better, always there for each other, always having each other's backs. It's who we are and how our relationship has evolved.

So Kristen- I'm going to miss you, like crazy. You're my best friend here and one of my best friends overall, and its going to SUCK not seeing you everyday. (ponies)

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

And now for something completely different

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

HAPPY FINALS!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment