Saturday, November 20, 2010

Love only knows. . .

Love only knows if we'll give into fear and choose life undercover. < 3

There's this bizarre stigma people have about relationships, these weird set backs that keep people from truly engaging in what could be the best relationships. Just because the other person doesn't "fit the bill" to who you're supposed to go for or who the world thinks you should be going for, it doesn't mean you should walk away.

I've seen so many amazing potential relationships fizzle away because one of the parties is too afraid to take the risk. If you can be mature about it, most of those relationships turn out to be the ones that last forever. . . or at least a while. :)

It's about intimacy.

Being with someone is about being completely with them, mind body and soul.

Which is why, for me, I tend to gravitate toward older men. . .

because i came to a realization of what I want in a man.
I want someone who is NERDY. (seriously.)
I want someone who is intellectually stimulating and can actually hold a legitimate conversation with me. (I go to Smith because I like that kind of stuff)
I want someone who can be goofy and crazy when the time calls for it, but also serious and refined when the time calls for it.
I need someone who is both passionate and romantic. (enough said)
I want someone who has his shit together. I really don't have the energy to deal with a guy who has no direction in his life.
I want to be with someone who will banter with me, poke fun at me, challenge me and inspire me.
I want some one skilled. . . ;)
I want someone who is going to appreciate me and love me for who am, someone who finds me intriguing and fun to be around.
I want to be with the person who I trust.

And I've found one or two people who fit this. . .
and the setback?
Our relationships doesn't fit convention.
He doesn't date outside of his town because his town is safe, and the girls are all the same.

But Cupid give me a challenge, one that will reward me in the end

Will we choose life over laughter?

Love only knows. . . .

JG < 3

No comments:

Post a Comment